North Annville Township is a second-class township in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, governed by a three-member Board of Supervisors. The population was 2,279 at the 2000 census.

 

The township consist of two fire departments. Bellegrove and Union Water Work, who both serve the township and also assist in mutal aid.

Bellegrove Fire Company (Bellegrove Water Company) was started in April of 1947.

 

Bellegrove Fire Company officially formed with Mrs. George Schell as First President on December 1,1947.

 

June 7, 1948 - voted to drop Water Company and all members became members of Fire Company.

 

June 1948 - First soup and sandwich sale was held for a profit of $152.00. This started the many fund raisers to support the needs of the fire company which are still held today.

 

October 2, 1950 - Ladies Auxiliary was formed separate from Bellegrove Fire Company.

 

In March of 1950 Ralph Struphar (who owned grocery store at the corner of Blacks Bridge Road and Route 934) offered part of his building to the fire company. He was paid $2.00 per night without heat and $3.00 with heat.

 

January 1951- A motion was made to purchase a 1924 Hahn engine for $150.00. Bellegrove Fire Company still has this engine to date and is taken out for parades and special occasions. This engine is still capable of pumping.

 

June 1951 - First carnivals were started. Carnivals are still a part of the fire company. Held the first four Saturdays in June, they are the biggest fund raiser for the year.

 

Year end report of 1955 - Reported 4 fire calls for the year and 1956 reported 5 fire calls for the year.

 

Meetings were held at Struphar's grocery store until January 1950; there after meetings were held in the Sewing factory, which is now the Social Hall.

 

In 1962 - Decided to sponsor the midget baseball team. This team and the teener team still play baseball on fire company grounds.

 

Decision to buy tanker in 1962 from Ono.

 

In 1964 - New Engine was purchased for a cost of $20,500. This engine was donated to Oklahoma when we purchased a new engine in 1999.

 

May 1970 - Band shell was built and is used to date for the bands in the annual carnivals.

 

September 1972 - Bought fire squad and used it until the purchase of new engine in 1999.

 

April 1975 - Hose trailer was purchased and is currently being used and housed at our station as mass casualty trailer for Lebanon County EMA.

February 1980 - New engine hall was built and is currently housing all apparatus.

2016, All Right Reserved.

  • Facebook Social Icon